Conflicts can occur in any community; being individuals we all think differently and our ideologies can clash. Conflict arranging between the employees of the church can influence them to leave the church. Therefore, shrinking the gaps within the church community is important for growth. Today every medium and large-sized church is using a church management system for smooth functioning. We can use an existing system such as ChMs to coordinate with the members in a better way and reduce the conflicts.
Common Source of Conflict
The circumstances that lead to conflicts can be different in every church but the most common situation is when an expensive asset is purchased after getting the board approval. This is because every employee pays one-tenth of their income as taxes to the church which they want to be utilized in a more effective way.
To eliminate the confessions and understanding issues maintaining prolonged transparency in taking the church decisions is important. The conflicts can be taken positively by resolving the reason of denunciation.
Management of Conflicts
Here are some of the fundamental ways to exploit your ChMs in decreasing conflicts-
Reliable Communication – Every church leader can maintain the course of work successfully by streaming information about the tasks currently running in the church through the ChMs.
- The leader should send clear and concise instructions so that the employees understand the objectives of a chore.
- At times church needs to take a larger decision, setting up a meeting with the employees is mandatory. For summits you would need volunteers who you can be appointed by emailing through the ChMs which already has the contact details of your active volunteers.
- Inform the members and employees about any changes in the cruel Christian and charity laws, tax laws, etc. If you do not address your community there are opportunities that incomplete, inaccurate or untrue updates are sent by other people who do not belong to your niche.
- Is there any issue raised by your community which has remained unanswered? None of the members would like to wait for church leader's answers; respond to their query instantly using direct email, calls, messages, etc. from your ChMs.
Confronting the Troubles – A face to face interaction for resolving an issue is a must. However, in some conditions your members will not be willing to talk with each other, here the ChMs comes in.
- Use your ChMs for a joint chat or a group discussion to address complexities and deal with church conflicts as soon as possible.
- There will be two outcomes ie either the members will understand what you are trying to clarify or they will disagree and share their discontentment.
- If the member still disapproves, ask the reasons and resolve his matters.
Well Thought-Out Feedback Process
The church leaders such as the pastorals may not be aware of what is the conflict about or why is it going on? This is where a feedback can help.
In your ChMs initiate a simple feedback form that the employees, volunteers, and members can fill comfortably. A feedback form is a convenient process for people to share their issues and concerns.
Based on the feedback form you can conduct open conversation allowing discrepancies in a safer environment as the matters will be resolved in the church meeting room itself. The debts will not take place outside the church leading to transparency.
The churches create a room to work for noble causes which can involve people belonging to different backgrounds. It often creates opportunities for conflicts as groups can have distinct perspectives. Communicating transparently is the first step towards managing conflicts which can gradually lead to their elimination. Like church software, in other non-profits the charity management software can be employed for successfully managing and ending conflicts.